Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The one thing no one will ever accomplish.

Any guesses? Time travel? No. Maybe hover boards? Nope. Bringing back the dinosaurs? Well... That actually seems kind of impossible but that's not what we're talking about here.
I've been thinking about this for a while now and I never really know how to sum up my thoughts on it. 
Love. It's the one thing that can make us or break us, they say. Why? Because its the one thing we truly EXPECT. If you love someone you expect to be loved in return, and when you aren't, you're crushed right? I'm not talking like he loves her she loves him mushy gushy stuff either. I'm talking about love. Love for a friend, love for a child, love for a parent, love for a pet, love for that person that prepaid your meal at the drive through window. I've always found I love more than I am loved. It just seems natural at this point. I love the people that leave me, even after they've left. But love can be accomplished you say, and that is very true. My theory on unconditional love, however, is that it will never be accomplished by a human being. It never can be, because humans have expectations, and therefore conditions. Everyone does, even you sitting there saying you don't. 
You may love someone even through a fight, a bad hair cut, a hurtful situation. You may say "nothing will make me stop loving you!" But that is a lie. Unconditional love is not something that can be given because of human expectations to receive love in return. 
Our need and want for love is actually the one thing standing in the way of getting the truest form of it. Isn't that twisted?
I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment