Sunday, April 21, 2013

Healthy Cookies??

I saw this recipe on Pinterest and decided to try it tonight.
It consists of:
1 1/2 cups oatmeal, quick or old fashioned, uncooked
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup unsweetened applesause
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon

You can basically add whatever you want from here. I added some chopped walnuts. I also saw some dark chocolate covered pomegranate things that I really wanted to try in this recipe but resisted for the sake of being super healthy. If you're not though, I would go for the chocolate. Raisins, blueberries, cranberries, or anything of the sort would also be great to throw in there.

Preheat to 350 degrees.
Mix everything and let sit for 10 minutes.
Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet and flatten cookies.
Bake approximately 20-30 minutes*
*I baked for about 23 minutes and tried the first batch. The bottom of the cookies seemed to be more gooey and I liked them more crispy so the second batch I baked for the 23 minutes, then took them out and flipped them and put them back in for another 5 or so minutes which seemed to make them more firm.

Pretty simple and decently tasty recipe. I would definitely try adding some dried fruit in the mixture or something though just to add a bit more flavor.


No comments:

Post a Comment