Thursday, April 11, 2013

Obligation

People expect so much to be done for them, but don't expect to have to return the favor. People feel they are entitled to things, I can tell by the way people have treated me working in retail. People feel they are entitled to get whatever they want, whenever they want, no matter what. But that's not life. Wake up! What is so wrong with people today?? I've had people yell at me over having to pay $3 for a used book. I've. Had people yell at me because we don't have copies f their child's required reading assignment that was due last week (which is why we no longer have copies). Things will happen where I just sit there and am like..."are you serious?!" I have this theory that some people just get a thrill out of knowing they can ruin someone else's day for no reason. Sometimes people are just that mean. I'm sure everyone that doesn't live under a rock with Patrick from Spongebob can relate to this. Think of one time where someone did something mean for no reason and your day was automatically ruined. I'm sure you can think of more than one. What is so wrong with people? It's so frustrating to me!! Why don't people understand that even if you don't know the person you are talking to, and they don't know you, everyone affects everybody. Every single person makes an impact on someone. The girl that checks you out at the grocery store can either make your day better or worse in just those few minutes. If she greets you in a "hi, did you find everything okay? I hope it was a pleasure shopping with us!" Type way she cases no negativity to you. However if you walk up and she doesn't greet you and acts like it is truly a burden for you to be there and the tone out of her mouth screams"leave me alone I hate you" it might bring your day down some. I think the real problem is that people have forgotten to love. Love is one of those things that you do. You just, do it. Just love. You're supposed to love no matter what. Everyone is. But people have forgotten that love doesn't just exist between your husband or wife or kids or parents or whatever. Love is universal. God is love. Is straight updates that in the bible. And got us supposed to be everywhere. He is omniscient. So is love. Love conquers all. Live makes up for anything and everything. So, the title of this: obligation. I know you think "I'm not obligated to give anything to anyone." But that's just it: yes, you are. You are obligated to love. I feel the world has truly forgotten this. Maybe they never knew. You, reading this. You are OBLIGATED. If more people just showed love, just one act of kindness and love a day to a total stranger, I feel like the world would be such a better happier place.

Romans 13:8-10 Owe nothing to anyone—except for your OBLIGATION to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God’s law. For the commandments say, “You must not commit adultery. You must not murder. You must not steal. You must not covet.” These—and other such commandments—are summed up in this one commandment: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to others, so love fulfills the requirements of God’s law.

No comments:

Post a Comment